Friday, November 15, 2019

PLANNING: MY TARGET AUDIENCE

Before I filmed my opening sequence I needed to plan how to research my target audience, and what type of people they were. I had to research age, gender, ethnicity and social class. I also needed to investigate what their media needs were so that I could produce a product that they would enjoy watching. Finally, in order to market our movie and share our ideas, we had to come up with ideas that would reach them and capture their attention. I will show how my research has influenced my planing by answering the questions below along with pictures of support my answers.

1. Who is my primary audience? 

British females and males aged from 15-34 who enjoy a movie with drama and suspense. 



2. What kind of films and television are the likely to prefer?  

After doing some film research we discovered that the film "A simple favour" would seem like a popular movie for our target audience. This film is about a women who disappears leaving her friend and her husband to look after her child. Throughout the investigation her friend begins to unlock secrets about her that no one knows. 




3. What platforms do they choose to watch films and where are they likely to see information about films? 

Our audience is most likely to watch our film at high end cinemas such as the everyman and  curzon, these cinemas allow the audience to feel the true richness of it and experience the unravelling of the mystery. However some may enjoy watching it at home on a streaming service such as Netflix, Sky or Apple TV and they may use other streaming services



4. What brands do they prefer? 

My audience profile: 





5. What makes my film stand out from the competition? 

We are focusing on how famous people suffer in the spotlight and how being famous isn't as glamorous as we all dream it to be. 


6. Why should my audience watch my film? 

My audience should watch my film because even though there are films that also look at the lives of famous people such as musicians, mine differentiates as it looks at the personal lives of a celebrity and how they are effected and how it effects their family. It gives an in look on the lives we are hidden from and doesn't glamorise being famous. Its a personal, emotional, suspenseful film that is a must see!





No comments:

Post a Comment